Sunday, November 13, 2022

CEDAR!!!

 

Guest Photographer:  Peg Cancro 

You might remember my next photographer, who did a blog for me last February about her trip to Africa.  This time, Peg is going to talk about Cedar, the Golden Retriever she shares with her spouse, Lynda.   

 

Peg:  Cedar was rescued at 5 months by Great Lakes Golden Retriever Rescue. He was given up by a family who thought he was aggressive.  We met Cedar when he was 7 months old.  For us, it was love at first sight!  How could anyone give up this adorable pup!

 


 Cedar, now 4 1/2 years old, is happiest when retrieving and holding two balls in his mouth at once.  Tennis or squeaky balls will do!  He has tried three but it doesn’t work well so two are his limit.

 


 Cedar loves the water, both lakes and pools.  Here is he on the dock last summer at our Torch Lake vacation.

 


 Cedar actually loves to float more than swim, and, of course, he prefers having his tennis balls with him!

 


 Cedar makes new friends easily with both dogs and people.  Here he’s swimming with his friend Greyson.  Notice the ever-present balls.

 


 Cedar possesses a very sweet temperament and lets puppies climb all over him.  There’s not a mean bone in his body.  Here he is with Luna.

 


 He learns quickly and is naturally curious, checking out his friend Kermit.

 


 Cedar is fun-loving too.  Just like kids, he enjoys jumping in the leaves.

 


 He’s a handsome dude also.  This is his GQ shot.

 


 As you might have guessed from these photos, Cedar provides us with an abundance of joy, laughter, and unconditional love.  

All photos were shot with an iPhone 11pro.

Thanks, Peg.  I appreciate your wonderful pictures and helping out.  

Surgery Update:  I’m a week out from my left knee replacement.  My surgeon told me no two knees are the same and that is true in my case.  My first knee in January was easy compared to this one which has more pain and more reactions from the pain killers.  I'm hanging in there, though, and hoping each day will improve.











 

2 comments:

  1. Karen, he is a beautiful dog. And I hope your new knee settles down soon so you won't have to think about it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I'm hoping for the same

    ReplyDelete