Thursday, October 20, 2022

AROUND THE LEELANAU PENINSULA ON M-22

 

A week ago Tuesday, the color hadn’t popped but when I went to church Sunday, I could see a lot had changed in five days.  While the skies were gray and light rain fell continuously, the weather forecast was for more rain, possibly snow, and high winds.  I wanted to catch the peak fall color before the winds blew it away so I set out around the Leelanau Peninsula on M-22.  Despite the conditions, the vibrant colors did not disappoint.

 

Just outside of Traverse City

 


 Lee Point

 


 On M-22 North

 


 A barn outside Suttons Bay

 


 Near Belanger Creek

 


 Peshawbestown

 


 Omena Bay

 


 Heading down the Lakeside on M-22 South

 


 Outside Northport

 


 Houdek Dunes area

 


 Near Little Traverse Lake

 


 Not far from Port Oneida

 


 Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore

 


 Looking across Glen Lake at Alligator Hill




 


 

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post, Karen. The simplicity of the Lee Point shot I found especially pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, P.J. It was a beautiful drive, despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was beautiful! Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us on this wonderful autumn color shoot, Karen! I love the vibrancy of the color on wet days!

    ReplyDelete