Thursday, June 24, 2021

OUT DEER HUNTING


 

 

 

 

While photography at dusk is challenging due to low light, one perk is that it’s the ideal time to see deer since they come out to feed then.

 


 The first deer I saw was this doe in a field.  She appeared thick in the middle and I wondered if there was a fawn coming soon.

 


 She was very alert to my presence and turned, ready to bolt.  I moved on quickly so she didn’t have to be disturbed.

 

 

 We drove to another part of my route and I almost passed this young doe standing by an evergreen tree.  I backed up, thinking she would run, but she didn’t.

 


 Gracie loves watching the wildlife that I photograph and she rarely barks…except at deer.  When she saw this young doe, she hung out the window and began barking.  Of course, the deer took off.

 


While I was not happy at Gracie’s barking, I loved watching that big white tail bounce from side to side as the doe ran.

 


 That deer was flying!

 


 It was nearly dark, but I decided to check one more area where I often saw deer.  My luck paid off because I immediately saw a doe.  But, wait.  There were too many legs there!

 


 As the doe started to move to safety, her young fawn emerged.  Soooo adorable! 

 


 The fawn followed its mother into the dark glade so I didn’t get to see much of it.  It reminded me of my time living in Northport when I saw deer on my property on a regular basis.  They are such lovely critters.













 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely deer captures, Karen. Wonderful that your patience paid off, so that you were able to see and photograph an adorable fawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan. I miss the time in Northport when I got to see these critters on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete