Thursday, June 10, 2021

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SCENES

 

We returned this week to farm country.  I noticed there were more changes going on.

 


 The bare fields of last week had begun to sprout with whatever had been planted, creating some interesting patterns.

 


 But it was my nose that led me to one of my favorite scenes.  Cut grass!  Or wheat or hay.  Not sure exactly what it was, but it had the delicious smell of freshly cut grass. 

 


 While I love the smell of the fresh grass, it’s the hay bales that I enjoy most and the landscape scenes with the bales in them.

 


 It was well into evening and the farmer was still hard at work.  In his tractor, he’d drive over the piles of cut grass pulling a baler behind him.  The baler was sucking in the cut grass.

 


 And then, as if by magic, the jaws of the baler would open up.  And voila!  The baler birthed a nicely rolled hay bale. 

 


 I drove on taking more pictures of the bales and even saw a Turkey Vulture atop one.  Not the prettiest bird, but certainly interesting.

 


 I took a few more pictures of hay bale landscapes and then headed back home.  On the way, I got the second big treat of the evening.  


A beautiful sunset was happening at the north end of my farm country drive.  I’m learning there doesn’t have to be water for a gorgeous sunset.
















 

2 comments: