Thursday, August 17, 2023

SUMMER SLIPPING AWAY

 

It was a spur of the moment decision to catch the sunset so I headed to nearby Sunset Park on Front Street.  What a shock to see the sun had moved south nearly even with the Delamar Hotel since the solstice June 21!  Where had the summer gone?  I moved on to a high spot on Old Mission for a better view.  When I arrived, I could see clouds would obscure the sun’s definition.  I decided to stay for the color show and to ponder how a summer could slip by so fast.  
























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Karen, as always. You'd think we'd be used to the sun's changing position through the seasons, but I am always amazed by the difference between where it rises in summer and where it rises in winter. I see more sunrises than sunsets....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. My study faces east and is a clear indicator of the sun’s north to south movement. I shouldn’t have been so surprised at the narrow window to get shots at Sunset Park, but I was. Summer passes by too fast.

      Delete