Thursday, August 24, 2023

ONLY AN HOUR AWAY

 

One thing I enjoy about living in Traverse City is its proximity to other interesting places.  Quaint towns, the Lakeshore, and two amazing peninsulas are all within an hour’s drive.  On a recent visit to Charlevoix with a longtime friend from my teaching days, we saw the South Pier Light on Lake Michigan, Earl Young’s mushroom houses, and homes with beautiful gardens and unique house toppers.  And we still had time for some shopping and lunch in the vibrant downtown.  





















4 comments:

  1. I love the mushroom houses! Don't know as I'd want a fire-breathing dragon on my roof, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen. For some reason, I cannot comment using my Google account, anymore. At any rate, I really enjoyed these great images from your trip to Charlevoix. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jan. I don’t know what happens, but I have the same difficulty at times. Glad you enjoyed the Charlevoix pics

    ReplyDelete