Thursday, December 29, 2022

FAVORITES OF '22

 

The end of the year is a time for looking back, as well as looking ahead.  Every year I look over my collection of the year's images and choose my favorites.  Here are my favorites of 2022 and why I chose them.
 


 #10:  While the image itself isn’t all that spectacular, the completion of the Boardman Lake Loop Trail is.  The bridge over the lake’s south end makes for a wonderful spot to get out into the lake and see what critters currently inhabit the waters and mudflats there.

 


 #9:  Somehow, hay bale scenes always make it onto my favorites list.  I liked these bales because they were more rounded and less perfect than many I’ve seen.  They made for a pretty scene.

 


 #8:  With so many sunflower farms in the area, I’m fortunate to be able to catch fields of these beauties, as well as, single, sun-seeking flowers.

 


 #7:  This iconic barn is along M-22 just outside Glen Arbor and within the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore.  Despite the gloomy skies, the barn was backed by spectacular fall color.

 


 #6:  During my September trip to Grand Marais in the Upper Peninsula, I caught several Lake Superior sunsets.  But it was this afterglow scene that I liked best.

 


 #5:  I saw many herons this summer, including Great Blues and Greenies.  I especially liked this Great Blue image because of its reflection in the pond water.

 

 

#4:  On a drive through the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive within the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore, I captured this scene of Alligator Hill alongside the two Glen Lakes.

 


 #3:  Lilies are one of my favorite flowers, and this vibrant variety really stood out among my photographs.

 


 #2:  Getting the chance to see a Bald Eagle is really special, but catching this one fishing through the ice on a farmland pond was an amazing experience.

 


 #1:  My favorite image of 2022 also came from my Grand Marais trip.  It’s another sunset afterglow picture of sailboats moored on the West Bay Harbor.


















4 comments:

  1. You've taken us to a lot of interesting places during 2022, Karen, and treated us to many images that varied from your sublime capture of West Bay Harbor above to quirky Halloween displays, gorgeous flowers, and a wide variety of bird and critter photos. Looking forward to seeing where you take us and what you show us in 2023! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this new post looking back over the year on your blog. I love the sunflower and the heron especially. And can you believe I have never seen Alligator Hill as an alligator before this???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you saw the alligator in the hill this time! I remember in my much younger days skiing down the long, gentle downhill slope and laughing out loud the whole way. A great place to hike too (in later years).

    ReplyDelete