Thursday, September 15, 2022

RING-NECKED PHEASANTS

 

I was out shooting when I came around a bend to a whole flock of pheasants.  A farmer was curbing them into a nearby field and protecting them from traffic.  As I snapped away, he told me these were one and two-year old Ring-necked Pheasants that he’d bred.  As is typical with birds, the male was the beauty with its red and blue head plumage and the unmistakable white ring around its neck.  I guessed, a bit sadly, that they’d been raised to be game birds.


















2 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots of this great find, Karen! The coloring of the male is especially impressive, but I think that the feather pattern of the females is quite beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, thanks. I agree that the feathers of the female are quite lovely too.

    ReplyDelete