Thursday, August 20, 2026

DIRECTIONAL CHALLENGES

 I was in Maple City taking pictures when I realized I wasn’t far from the Bohemian Road/669 beach.  Unable to resist the Lakeshore’s pull, I headed there and found the beach full of people.  It was a great sight, but not ideal for scenic photography.  So I drove a short distance to Lake Michigan Road, which runs parallel to the water, and saw beautiful beaches, sun-drenched fern forests, keyhole views of the Whaleback, and Shalda Creek awaiting the fall salmon run.  I drove the north end first and then turned around for the south end.  I was puzzled, though, because my mirror compass and my GPS both showed I was going northwest when I KNEW I was headed south.  It wasn’t until I got home and looked on Google Maps that I found I’d been heading “up” towards Pyramid Point.  Indeed, I’d been going north after all.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

2 comments: