Thursday, June 25, 2020

THE SEVEN BRIDGES


I was looking for a different habitat to photograph, so two Elk Rapids friends took me to a 314-acre nature preserve called The Seven Bridges.  Located in Kalkaska County, the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy describes the area as “a trail and boardwalk [that] wander through cedar trees to the bridges spanning the Rapid River and many tributaries that braid together” there.  While only four bridges remain, the pristine property is now owned by the State of Michigan and managed by the GTRLC.  Join me on my walk as I wander the property and photograph the trail, rustic bridges, trees, and small waterfalls that populate the river.  The close-by trees and vegetation make you feel like you're walking through a private, enchanted fairyland.  Oh, and yes, do visit, but bring your bug spray.  I also can’t wait to visit this area in the winter on snowshoes.





























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures, Karen! Thanks for inviting us to join you on your walk through this beautiful, peaceful place. Have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete