Sunday, December 24, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS



There is so much I enjoy about the holiday season.  Meaningful church services, beautiful carols, holiday lights and yard displays, candles burning brightly, and special times with family and friends. 




Photography is also part of the season as I take holiday-themed pictures for my blog and decide which images to use on my annual Christmas card.    My card includes pictures of the landscapes and critters I’ve photographed over the past year.  I also include an image of Gracie, my four-year old mini-goldendoodle.  She loves the camera and often accompanies me on photoshoots.  She also does an amazing job modeling her  Christmas “outfits."




The antler headband came with a bell attached to a ribbon hanging down from the holly-berry side.  After a few times of Gracie swinging the bell around and trying to catch it in her mouth, the bell got removed.




Gracie's holiday neck scarf came next.  It was a bit too big for her so we had to do some adjusting of the length to get it right.



The collars were the easiest.  This red one had bells that lightly jingled, but they didn’t bother her like the antler bells did.  
 



This is the picture I included on my Christmas card.  By the time we got to this sitting, Gracie was pretty mellow…and full of the treats I’d used to encourage her to follow my sit, down, and stay commands.  Good dog, Gracie.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, friends.  I appreciate how you follow my photography blog.  May the New Year bring joy, peace, and love to you and yours. 

4 comments:

  1. She a cutie for sure. She also likes to pose. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. She is both! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable collection of Gracie shots, Karen! It is always a delight to view photos of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jan. She really loves the camera.

    ReplyDelete