Thursday, June 27, 2024

OUT AND ABOUT IN MINNESOTA


 The next day visiting Phil and Patrica, we took a roadtrip.  On our way out, we toured Boutwells Landing, the senior community where they live.  I took pictures of their apartment deck, full of beautiful flowers and birds.  I fell in love with the Peking lilac tree, which seemed to be everywhere.  Our first stop was Stillwater, where I captured the city skyline and the lift bridge over the St. Croix River.  We slid over the border into Prescott, Wisconsin, to Freedom Park and the sacred confluence, where the waters of the Mississippi and St. Croix rivers mix.  You can see the muddy Mississippi waters on top and the clear St. Croix on the bottom.  I also grabbed another shot of Phil and Patricia by an outdoor sculpture.  Our last stop was through Afton State Park.  Right away we saw a deer munching greenery by the roadside.  But the biggest surprise was seeing another osprey.  When I came to Minnesota to visit my friends, I hoped to photograph one of these beautiful birds.  How lucky I was to see three!   
























No comments:

Post a Comment