Thursday, September 7, 2017

SUMMER COMING TO A CLOSE


Even though the official end to summer isn't for another couple weeks, Labor Day signifies the unofficial end.  I visited the beaches and parks in both Traverse City and Empire to see how people were enjoying the waning days of summer.



Cruising the bay on a tall ship...



Dog walking and water-watching...


Sailing a huge catamaran...


Biking the many trails....



Kayaking...


Playing beach volleyball...


And just plain relaxing.  I ended my afternoon of photography in Empire, hoping to catch the sunset.  But there were no parking spaces and the sun was becoming obscured by a low cloud cover.  I went into a nearby neighborhood to turn around and found this young deer relaxing under a fruit tree.  Wonder what she thought about summer's end.

4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike...Very nice post and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do! We're on the same page with this one. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful end-of-summer captures, Karen. I am, of course, partial to the photo at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised, Jan. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete