Saturday, June 27, 2015

Vistas of Hills and Water




I love the hills of the Leelanau Peninsula, especially at the north end where I live.  I can be driving around on back roads and feel like I'm going up and down on a roller coaster.



But the hills I enjoy most are the ones where water is part of the vista, such as this one of Northport Bay from Braman Hill.



Along M-22, there are spots where I can catch a sliver of the Lake as I reach the top of a hill.



Or I can be on Kolarik Road in the evening after getting fresh strawberries, and spot Lake Leelanau in the distance, all aglow in pinks from the approaching sunset.



This week the skies were continually in flux, but a grayish blue predominated much of the time.



In this panorama from the top of the Onomonee Road hill, it was difficult to differentiate the sky from the Lake, as they almost blended together.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures of the various vistas we on the Leelanau are privileged to see at this time of year, Karen. I especially love the flow and color and light in the first shot; but I also appreciate the shots with views of water, remembering my delight whenever I come across such a view as I travel these roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan. I like the first one too, but my favorite is the 4th one down of Lake Leelanau.

    ReplyDelete