Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A SURPRISE VISITOR


I was sitting on the back deck enjoying an evening without high temperatures and the need for air conditioning.  It felt wonderful.


I heard it before I saw it and immediately went inside to grab my camera.  I stepped off my deck and caught sight of a hot air balloon heading my way over the rooftops.



It was coming close to the trees in my front yard, so I headed out there to get a close-up.



I'm not sure how the steering works in balloons, but just as I got to the front yard, it veered off to the south.



I could see the balloon had advertising on it for 9&10 news on one side.



I decided to try following it through my neighborhood.  It was always just above the tree line.



It was getting almost out of my camera's reach as I wandered among the evergreens trying to maintain contact.



As I reached the end of my neighboorhood, the balloon was finally high above the last of the homes.  On my walk back to my condo, I thought about what a pleasant surprise this had been.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along on your hot air balloon shoot, Karen!
    It brought back happy memories of attending the Tucson Hot Air Balloon Festival many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad these balloon photos brought back good memories, Jan. I hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete