Friday, June 10, 2016

Deep Purple




When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls



And the stars begin to twinkle in the sky--



In the midst of a memory you wander back to me



Breathing my name with a sigh.



In the still of the night once again I hold you tight.



Tho' you're gone your love lives on when moonlight beams.



And as long as my heart will beat, lover, we'll always meet



here in my deep purple dreams...

                                                          
                                                                                           
                                                             Deep Purple piano composition written by Peter DeRose, 1933.
                                                             Lyrics added by Mitchell Parish, 1938

2 comments:

  1. Love this lush, romantic collection of deep purple images, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan. I can't see purple without thinking of Deep Purple, my favorite song.

    ReplyDelete